Submit one official academic record/transcript from each institution where you have earned or will earn a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Professional, and Doctoral degree. Include your date of birth or U-M ID# with each academic record/transcript to aid in matching your document to your application. Submit transcripts to the Rackham Graduate School address below.
Each transcript/academic record submitted to the Rackham Graduate School must include your full name, University of Michigan ID number (UMID) and/or date of birth to match your document to your application.
Submitting your transcripts is a two-step process:
- Applicants will scan and upload an official transcript/academic record that displays the institutional seal and signature of the Registrar or Recorder of Records into the online application.
- Applicants are also required to submit an official transcript/academic record by mail or as an e-transcript to Rackham before the graduate program application deadline. The official transcript/academic record must be received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution.
Please also watch this video about submitting transcripts:
This method saves you time, effort and the expense of mailing the transcript/academic record that is required during the initial processing and review of your application. To ensure that Rackham can match your transcripts/academic records with your application, please upload a completed Transcripts/Academic Records Submission Form when you request your electronic transcripts/academic records. Please note that not all Registrar or Recorder of Records office e-transcript systems allow for an upload.
An official transcript may be sent electronically by the Registrar or Recorder of Records using the institution’s secure electronic submission system to Rackham at email@example.com. The requirements are:
- The name and title of the Registrar must appear on the transcript.
- The transcript /academic record is:
- sent by the Registrar and must be submitted in PDF format.
- presented with an English translation provided by your institution when the institution issues transcripts in the native language.
- not acceptable from a personal e-mail address.
If your Registrar requires a Rackham Graduate School address, use the Mail Option address indicated below.
Below is a partial list of institutions that provide official electronic transcripts:
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Duke University
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Stanford University
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois
- University of North Carolina-Wilmington